Monday, November 30, 2015

It hurts enough now

I finally made an appointment with an allergist.  I am afraid.

I am afraid of what he will tell me.

I am afraid that it's going to be dogs and cats and rats and rabbits and mold and dust and pollen and the six things I can be bothered to eat.

I am afraid that my only recourse will be to not be around those things.

I can get rid of the wretched carpet and probably encase my bed in one of those dust-mite bags, but I sleep with a dirty Swiffer that I call Trixie.  I don't know how I'd get her out of my bedroom without utterly destroying her emotionally.  She already has a hard time during the 8 hours a day I'm at work. She is physically in contact with me most of the time I am home.  She's clingy.

Zip is less filthy, but still filthy.  Fortunately, he is only on me for an hour or so a day.

My entire workplace is an allergen.

Maybe I can get the shots?

3 comments:

  1. I think you could get the shots. I believe they helped me. And it never stopped me from having dogs even though I'm allergic to them.

    I hope the allergist tells you you're only allergic to kale - or something equally vile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kale is delicious. Cauliflower is an abomination. Botanically, they're the same thing.

      Delete
  2. I like cauliflower better than kale. it's Brussels sprouts I can't handle.

    I do hope the allergy is not linked to the animals. that makes it harder. shots work ok for the spouse along with an oral & nasal & rescue inhaler …

    ReplyDelete