Friday, April 10, 2015

How many days does it take?

How many days of vacation does it take for me to sleep enough to feel rested enough to actually tackle housework?  Four.  The answer is four.  Four days of almost total sloth, and now I'm raring to go.  Of course, I have to work tomorrow.... figures.

Never plant a carrotwood tree.  The root systems never die.  My mother and I spent a few hours hacking at roots from a tree that has been gone for a year.  They are still growing.  It's like a hydra.

I cleaned my poor cracked shabby leather couch today.  So grimy.  So very grimy.

My vacuum smells like fire, so I have to take it apart to fix it.

I have washed almost every bit of fabric in this house.  My water bill is going to be insane (but since I have mostly dead landscaping, I think I get a pass during this drought).

My house would be cleaner if my animals weren't like swiffers.  Trixie was helping us dig, and Zippy likes to roll in the dirt patch that used to be the lawn.  When I drop him, there is a visible cloud of dust that poofs off him.  Fantastic.

Clean clean clean.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. There's so many other things in life I'd rather do than clean. Pretty much anything, really. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like bailing out the Titanic with a teaspoon.

      Delete
  2. what do you use on your couch? I have some stuff from the pets and the kid that doesn't seem to want to come off my leather . . . . and i feel you about the swiffer pets. it would be nicer if they would swiffer the inside and take the dirt outside, but it always seems to be the reverse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a water-vinegar mix and then some Meguiar's polish stuff that got left behind when a leather-car-seat-having-roommate moved out. The Interwebs suggested the vinegar thing. The couch is less awful now, but still pretty shabby.

      Delete
  3. i so see your point. i always try to stick to only one 100% sleeping day followed by a day of extreme cleaning and then spa and finally vacation time XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the answer is to make sure that my weeks off back up to long holiday weekends, so I can do more days off in a row so I can get the four days of hibernation done and still have time to accomplish things.

      Delete