Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I am having genuine teary feelings right now.

Have I told you guys that I love David Suchet's portrayal of Agatha Christie's Poirot?

Like, a lot?

Like, more than is probably healthy?

I have not read all of them (I don't tend to read fiction, I've read the big ones and a few of the short ones), but I will watch David Suchet mince around in a suit and spats all damn day if you let me.

He has finally finished filming every single Poirot story Christie ever published.  And I have watched 69 of them, and all of them more than once.  Sometimes more than twice.

Except "Curtain."  The final story.  The end.

It's been out for a few weeks.  I just couldn't bring myself to watch it before tonight.

Oh.

My heart.

It hurts.

I do not own a TV.  In the entire history of me, there are only three TV series that I have watched Every.  Single.  Episode.

Firefly.  Planet Earth.

And Poirot.

I will miss you, mon ami.



4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Watching the very last episode of Buffy was a heart ache. (Now I've watched it a hundred times).

    I haven't seen any of the latest Poirots yet but I'm looking forward. I've read tons of the stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not even the fact that it's over, it's what actually happens during the story. We're talking "Wash and Book dying" levels of heartbreak.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you've finally seen it, because now I have someone to talk to about it. I was hurt. Like more than just psychically and emotionally. On a physical level, it hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's easier to feel real emotions about fictional characters than it is to feel them about actual people I know. It's safer, and my brain doesn't try to shield me from it. A whole lifetime of hurt projected onto a little fictional Belgian all at once.

      I know this hurt.

      Delete