Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sophistique Noir's September Theme: Makeup

Well, it's been too hot for any sort of makeup (aside from eyebrows, because I have to draw mine on), so I figured I'd just share this again.

I'm a makeup volunteer at the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, California.  It's a tableaux vivants that's been going on for over eighty years, and I've been slapping paint on people every summer since 2003.  If you're in Southern California during the months of July or August, and you want to come see this thing, hit me up- I can sometimes get discounted tickets, and sometimes do backstage tours after the show.  It's definitely a good way to spend a summer evening.







For the record, I did not take this picture, Marcia Gay Harden did, and she tweeted it, and I just stole it from her twitter. It is the only photo that exists of me actually doing makeup at the show, because nobody's allowed to take pictures backstage (unless you're famous, then I guess it's okay?).  I am the spiky black thing in the middle.  This was 2012.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I must remember this for next year. I would totally love to check it out!

    Nice job snagging the photographic evidence of your participation. Cuz, you know, pics or it didn't happen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 years of making people look two-dimensional, and this is my only proof!

      Delete
  2. And you look utterly hawt doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. You could be one of dem high faultin' MAC makeup artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to reply "Nah, my eyebrows aren't glittery and blue," but then I realized they ARE blue, and could be glittery at a moment's notice….

      I feel like I've become one of those people.

      Delete