Saturday, August 2, 2014

Small thoughts

* I am ready for it to not be summer anymore.  I'm tired of sweating like a beast, I'm tired of shorts, and I'm tired of worrying about my animals roasting when I'm not home to have all the windows open.

* I think I have an unhealthy love of canvas drop cloths.  They're everywhere.  I've got one tied to my antique loveseat that the dog likes to sleep on, one wrapped around the blue couch that doesn't match my den, and several that I use during camp as seating areas outside.  I just bought another one to make into a bedspread.  I have to hack it up first, though, because I don't want a seam down the middle of it.

*I'm steadily unfucking my habitat.  The dining table is clear once again, the kitchen is in order, and my bedroom is 80% tidy.  I spent part of this afternoon gathering all my sewing supplies hidden about the house and organizing them in a set of drawers in the Rat Room.  Sewing in the Rat Room, books in the Guest Nest, beads and paints and sculpting and tie dye in the Garage/Workshop.  For all it's weird little faults, I am incredibly lucky to live in this house.  Yes, it's got termites, and screwed-up plumbing, and the kitchen counters are trying to die, and the floor is a messy patchwork of stained carpet and plywood and tar and pink paper, but it is slowly becoming a sanctuary.  I hope my grandparents would be happy with how I'm taking care of the joint.

*I have been dropping obscene money on melanoma vaccines in the hopes of preventing my dog from producing more cells that want to kill her.  Once she was healed from the eye removal, she got a shot every two weeks for eight weeks.  She just had a chest X-ray to see if there were any signs of cancer, and it came back clean.  Her lymph nodes aren't poofy, her other eye is okay, and she seems happy.  Now she only needs one hideously expensive vaccine booster every 6 months, which I will gladly budget for.  Good dog.

* The Predator Prince is getting VERY big.  He's pretty much learned to not claw me, but he's still having trouble with the NO BITING part.  I feel bad for the guy- no mommy or siblings to teach him to knock it off!  He loves his dog, but it's just not the same lesson.

*It seems I'm allergic to some small arthropod that likes to bite me.  My friend yelled at me when I sent her a pic of the giant blistered welt on my arm, convinced that it was the early stages of necrosis or blood poisoning.  I assured her that this is normal for me, and it will go away, it just looks awful in the meantime.  Secretly I hope I'm absorbing the power of whatever creature it is.  SPIDERME, SPIDERME.

*  I have been shuffling clothes together to try to come up with an outfit for Bossman/Coworker-Former-Roommate's wedding.  It will be hot, and out in the canyon, and the weirdest mix of people you can imagine.  Any excuse to dress funny, I say.  Tally ho.

* I have to work tomorrow.  The idea of it is making me sad, but maybe I can get all my camp crap for the week set up, so all I have to do is autopilot this week.

* I have a lot of things that need to be dyed.  I should do that today before the dye in my fridge poops out.  It doesn't last once it's mixed, and it's been in there for over two weeks.  I hate wasting dye.

*  All the animals in my house are asleep.  It is very quiet.  Just the sound of fans.  What a pleasant feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your puppy is cancer-free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very glad to hear your dog is doing well, and that your kitty is growing into a proper vicious but lovable cat.

    If you do turn into Spider-woman I expect to see pictures come Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a hopeful post. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am glad your puppy was given the all-clear! I'm not in the least bit pragmatic when it comes to animals and I worry myself sick over my cat when she's not well.

    I was just reading another one of your posts and I'm going to see if I can track down some Shea Butter conditioner now. It sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete