Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Inauspicious Start to the Week

So, this week I have to go back to teaching regular camp instead of my Ravens, which I'm trying not to have grim feelings about.

I can't find the giant drop cloth with a fictional island country drawn upon it, which we use for the first day of this camp.  I've managed to lose Turgundy.  How did I lose a whole country?  It's not a small object.  It's about the size of a small corgi when rolled up (maybe a really fat dachshund).

I'm going to go see Motley Crue and Alice Cooper on Tuesday with Bosslady and Bosslady's Boyfriend.  They bought my ticket, so I'm in charge of food and drinks.  I have to turn a pork sirloin into green chile pork tacos tomorrow between camp and Pageant, and make many margaritas.

My garbage disposal has died.  My dad tried to fix it, but, like all house-related issues, it's a bigger problem than it seems.  My brother is not around to save the day- he's in Thailand.

I'm not entirely sure how to make tacos with no sink.  It's a slow-cooker recipe, though, maybe I'll just take it to work and do it there?  That'd be kind of a dick move, though- Bossman and Coworker/Former Roommate are still fasting for Ramadan.  "What's the delicious smell permeating the office?"  "Green chile pork."  "Rude."

Finding Turgundy would do a lot to quell my sense of unease.

Back into the garage to continue the search.


6 comments:

  1. i would like green chile pork tacos. send the recipe, plaes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slice up an onion thin and stick it in the bottom of a crock pot. Throw on a two pound pork sirloin. Mix up a teaspoon each of kosher salt and oregano, and half a teaspoon each of cumin, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Sprinkle that on the meat. Dump on a cup of roasted green chiles (two small cans did it for me). Set it on high for two or three hours. Shred up the meat, stick it back in the sauce, and let it go another half hour or so. It's good stuff.

      Delete
    2. oh, yes. this is going to be made soon! yup!!

      Delete
    3. It is ABSOLUTELY worth it. Get some queso fresco to throw on it.

      Delete
  2. Tacos and Margharitas, yum. Ok, I have to go to the supermarket right now.

    Your baby boy is till the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fang you! The baby boy is currently attacking my leg.

      Delete