Monday, January 27, 2014

Since last we spoke

Hey, bebehs.  How's things?  The last two weeks in The Cave have been…. good.  Let's see, what have I gotten up to?
Someone's staining his fur with his dandelion greeeeeens!  Seriously, though, rabbit lips are funny.
Found the Queen of All Beets (I did not purchase- this is TOO MUCH BEET)
Seriously considered buying western roper boots, but am quite gun-shy about footwear lately. 
Read something wise in a very small book.  The rest of the book is not necessary, this is enough.
Got sick of my power and audio cables wrapping messily around my gearshift, so I stuck them together and covered them in half hitches.  It's 900% tidier in my car now.  
Bought some red rosin paper to try on my floor.  I kinda like it.  It dries to a sort of brick color, less winey.  I may do a lot of my floor this color, and have the gold weave through as a sort of river thing.
 And, as happens every year, the hummingbird who made a nest in my yard had children.
January 19

January 21- Meet Hunter and Joe Crow.  They are blurry because the nest is over my head and I can't exactly see what I'm doing.  
January 23- getting bigger.
January 25- they grow beakier.
January 26- still working on feathers.  Please note the grey fluffy stuff- this is my dryer lint.  

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you sound relaxed.
    I love the humming bird 'time lapse' and look forward to seeing them mature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only got my little friends for another two weeks at most. They grow so fast…. >wipes a tear< My little dinosaurs!

      Delete
  2. Rabbits do have funny lips, don't they? And what an excellent way to reuse old dryer lint! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they have pointy tongues! Rabbits are ridiculous animals.

      Delete
  3. BIRDIES!!!! :) Awww, so cute. Your floor looks truly amazing. Glad to hear things are going well! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wrong part of me secretly hopes they'll get used to me from my constant phone photoshoots, and learn to trust me, and then I will have small hummingbird buddies who hang out on my porch and drink sugar water with me…. the rest of me says "STOP THAT THEY'RE WILD ANIMALS."

      Delete
  4. They're super cute, but am I the only one that thinks that they look surprisingly like they're glazed in honey-barbecue sauce? Oh my, I must be hungry...

    Boots!!
    That is all I can say about those...



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my is right, Madame MM! Honey barbeque sauce? Too funny.

      Delete
    2. It's the nudity. Makes them look like a hot wing. Once they get feathers they'll look less delicious.

      Delete
    3. All I could think up about tonight whilst gorging myself on honey garlic wings was those adorable little birdies. You may just have ruined Wednesday Wing Night at the Water Valley Saloon for me, Madame MM! LOL

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a Hummingbird nest before, thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old World for the architecture, New World for the angry little birdies!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They're birds now, not just little blobs of chewing gum. >sniff< my babies are growing up!

      Delete
  7. i really need to learn to crochet. and i wonder if i could talk cowboy charming into doing paper on the kitchen floor instead of tile . . . ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as waterproof as you might like in a kitchen. Especially with kids and dogs. I'm not saying it's impossible… I'm just saying it'll need a LOT of polyurethane. A LOT A LOT.

      Delete