Monday, November 4, 2013

Spoke too soon

All the leftover shit that someone didn't move when he had the truck?

That was supposed to be out on Thursday?

That I spent all day Friday hoping someone would retrieve?

That my mother and I had to spend all day Saturday cleaning up?

That has been sitting in my driveway since Saturday afternoon?

That my neighbors have been bitching about since Sunday morning?

It's still there.

Things in the pile:

random garbage
parts of broken toys
paintbrushes
electronics
phone bills
brokedown furniture
things from trash piles that "might be useful someday"
spray paints
razors
toothpaste
large bits of plastic
things that smell terrible
a bigass heavy TV that may or may not work
car insurance bills
collectibles still in their boxes
a grill that may or may not work
a bag of clay
resins (I'm presuming they're resins)
a BB gun that looks very much like a handgun
his favorite hat
more random trash
art supplies
a toaster
a hibachi that doesn't work

Things in the pile that I want to remain on the property:
...

I had such high hopes.  I am so unbelievably angry that this mess continues to be MY problem.

I have to shake off the rage before my performance evaluation at work tomorrow.



6 comments:

  1. My ex has been gone for over four months, and his crap is still everywhere. Due to the terms of our separation agreement, I can't just throw it out. I see reminders everywhere. Whenever I think I've finally gotten all his crap out of a room, I find another item of his. It's driving me nuts.

    I hope you'll get his crap gone soon. It *is* Guy Fawkes Day, so maybe set it on fire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuuuugh, that does suck. I only (only!) had a year's worth of infiltration to deal with, so I was fairly able to surgically remove everything that didn't belong here.

      If I wasn't in California, which is highly flammable, I'd torch it in a heartbeat. Burn it to the motherfucking ground and then dance in the ashes.

      Delete
  2. How about putting a big "FREE" sign on the stuff? People will take home all kinds of junk as long as it's free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a damn thing has been stolen out of this pile. That's the sort of crap it is. I'm going to have to haul it to the dump.

      Delete
    2. Wow, it really must be crap if nobody will take it for free. Maybe I should come down and have a look. I'm always up for adding more stuff to my pile. :P

      Delete
    3. It's really unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it, and I am one of the biggest clutterbugs I know.

      Delete