Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Looking forward to....

Never finding an unwrung sponge in the sink.

Never wondering if the animals have been given access to something they shouldn't have.

Knowing where all my belongings are.

The pickle shelf in the fridge being used solely for pickles.

Having a Guest Nest.

Redecorating the room that will become the Guest Nest.

Having all my books in one place.

Having a dining set in my dining room, instead of bedroom and office furniture.

Having a sewing area that isn't on the bedroom furniture in the dining room.

Putting rats in the office again, and being able to rig up Ratopia so they can run around and play and hopefully stop trying to chew their cage to bits.

Being able to access my blanket chest so I don't have to have the down comforter on the bed year-round.

Walking around the house in various states of undress if I feel like it.

Hanging up all the framed antique Japanese art that is currently languishing in the coat closet.

Knowing that if something is left out, or left unwashed in the sink, or is sitting in the dryer, that I AM THE CULPRIT.

Hanging my dartboard cabinet where the rat cage has lived for over a year.

Sleeping with my bedroom door open so that the dog can go in and out without having to pester me awake.

Hosting Ladies Night again, since the house will be clean and non-humiliating.

Getting the house tented for termites.

Redoing the yard after getting the house tented for termites.

Taking out the ficus tree that is lifting the patio concrete and that shits leaves everywhere.

Maybe taking out the carob tree that also shits leaves everywhere, and replacing it with something that produces food.

Painting my scavenged patio furniture so that it looks like it belongs together.

Finishing my floor and being done with carpet FOREVER.

Being somewhat in control of the smell in my house (the cat does have some say in this, but as long as his blood sugar is under control, he's usually pretty good), instead of constantly smelling Slovenly Man Stank.

Not having to explain "No, he's just the dude who lives here.  No, we're not involved.  No, he's not my ex.  No, I'm not being coy."

Not feeling like a sucker.



9 comments:

  1. Yay! You are the master of your own destiny, and of your own house, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO! Good luck and may the house spirits be with you. :D It's nesting time, doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much salt is going to be sprinkled in this house, and how many new brooms are going to be used to sweep that salt out the damn door, and how many sistrums are going to rattle, and how many onions are going to be rolled through rooms....

      Delete
    2. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot. :) Don't you just love nesting during this burnt orange season? It makes it more magical.

      Delete
    3. I'm in Southern California. Nothing turns burnt orange, except when it actually catches fire. It's all just palm trees and dormant sage and saltbush. I have to live my autumns vicariously through y'all.

      Delete
  3. It all sounds wonderful, but I'm personally excited to see Ratopia. And the newly-painted patio furniture. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ratopia is higher priority than patio furniture. Hell, I might have to redo the patio....

      Delete
  4. Yay! Do some smudging and enjoy your autumn of peace!

    ReplyDelete