Saturday, July 13, 2013

Third time's the charm?


After round one, my hair was orange and copper and greenish.

I match my orange sheets.

After round two, my hair was orange and ginger and lighter greenish.

And the Rosie the Riveter scarf is my new default work hairstyle.

Let down, you can see how many interesting colors I was displaying.


Round three- grease up entire head with coconut oil for two hours before bleaching.

Smells like summer in here.

DON'T WASH OUT THE COCONUT OIL.

Paint bleach on the dark bits, wait.
Paint bleach on the ginger bits, wait.
Run the bleach through all of it, wash.

Rinse with vinegar, wash with purple shampoo, condition with protein restructurizer.

And now I'm yellow and white with bare hints of ginger and green.


And I'm still wearing the scarf.

Now, to a haircut, and then on to purple next week.

6 comments:

  1. Holy wow!
    That's all I really have-- I'm quite impressed with your results =)

    Interesting about the coconut oil, I've never heard of doing that before bleaching. I would've thought that might interfere with the process... seems like it did a lot of good-- your hair looks quite healthy after 3 shots of bleach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hairdresser was also surprised at the coconut thing, but she couldn't argue with the results. It actually feels like hair.

      Delete
  2. Well, if you decide against the purple hair, you look great as a blonde!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fang you! I'm a little alarmed at how fast my hair grows- I already have roots!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Pixel Pixie - I like the blonde, too. But I think I'll like purple more. :o)

    ReplyDelete