Monday, December 3, 2012

It smells like marshmallows and fire

Let's start on a product review note- the Bath and Body Works "Marshmallow Fireside" candle (and Scentpod thingy) is rad.  My house smells like sugar and fire.  YES I APPROVE OF THIS.  Their "Fresh Baguette" is the strangest thing I have bought in months.  It's uncanny.  Not sure how I feel about it, but it makes me want bread.

Anyhoo.

Lessee, what else is going on here in The Cave?

New Roommate is busily making a replica of the flying thing from the last Batman film.  There is a loud whirring and grinding noise coming from his workshop, peppered with occasional swearing.  So that's fun.

What else?
My den is slowly shuffling together.  PAAAANK.  I think I'm going to replace the Egyptian thing (which is camouflaging the Gloomiest Painting In The World) with a framed miniature kimono or something along those lines.  Maybe hang some paper lanterns, I dunno.

I discovered London broil.  Season the meat with whatever sort of rub you like, and throw it under a broiler for five minutes per side.  Normal people should probably go ten a side, but I like my meat cold and blue inside.  If I could just eat it raw, I would, but that's generally frowned upon.  I just sort of wave it near the heat source to make it seem less savage.  Good lord, it was amazing.  I'm salivating like Pavlov's dogs right now.  Well, minus the saliva-collection devices.  There is kale under the meat pile, and it was also delicious.  Garlicky.


Gypsy and I had Cuddle Time.  Cuddle Time is not very pleasant for me.  SHADDUP AND BE MY PILLOW.  Yes, Gypsy.  Fine.  Just take your claw out of my cheek.  NO I AM COMFORTABLE THIS WAY, JUST BE QUIET AND LET ME RUB MY FACE ON YOUR FACE.  You have hideous breath.  YOU DON'T BRUSH MY TEETH AND I DO NOT HAVE THUMBS, BESIDES, I AM MAGNIFICENT.

Woke up kind of sick today, and Trixie agreed with my plan to stay in bed.  She is the worst bed hog on Earth, but at least there was no claw in my face.  

Helped Mom put lights on her tree.  After two hours of playing the "Shit, The Red Lights Are Out Again" game, I convinced her to go with LEDs.  Her living room is now glowing blue like some sort of alien ship.  It's rad.

All right, bittens, it's about time for me to take my mildly-sick ass to bed.  I have to get up and teach children tomorrow, much to everyone's chagrin.  I should probably shower first.  Showers usually a good plan when one is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment