Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New visitors

Hi ho! It's come to my attention that there have been some new visitors to The Cave. Welcome! Come in! Pull up a stalagmite, ignore the mess. Trick or treat! You want a banana? There's cake in the fridge. With frosting.

There are a few things you should know about the Cave before you begin wandering around.

1: I have a faulty Shame Gland. What you see is what you get. I stopped apologizing for my personality a long time ago. It's tiring, and futile.

2. If I use a word that can either be very clinical or very offensive, I was probably using the clinical sense. If I offended you, call me on it. I promise I will be very sorry, and will work on eliminating the offensive word from my vocabulary.

3. If I use a descriptive word, I am not generally implying any additional meaning. If I say "weird," I mean just that- not normal. I don't mean "weird and unacceptable" or "weird and creepy" or "weird and worthy of disgust." I just mean weird. I tend to state facts, not make value judgements.

4. I tend to use this blog to blow off steam, and I stare into my own navel a lot. Blogs are cheaper than therapy. Feel free not to read. If you do choose to read, hellew. I'm neurotic. We all are. I keep my neuroses right out in front where I can see them.

5. I talk about things that are socially inappropriate. Again, faulty shame gland. No social filter. Rest assured that if I write about something here, I would absolutely discuss it in person with anyone. Well, any adult. If you're a kid, what the hell are you doing reading this foolishness? Go outside and play.

6. If you comment, please be nice. I'm prickly, but I'm not made of stone. I have a soft marshmallow interior.

So that's it! The Cave is a mess, but I share what I've got, and the animals are friendly. Enjoy your visit, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming as soon as something mildly interesting happens!

Affectionate headbutts,
Tante

2 comments:

  1. Love my vintage HW card, thank you! Saving the confetti bats for something or other - don't quite know what yet ... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confetti bats have many useful applications..... most of them involve being sprinkled on surfaces.

      Delete