Sunday, August 5, 2012

My week in review

Got some new dinosaurs for my garden.  I spray paint them black, because that makes them classy as hell.

Went shopping.  Found nothing of interest, except for the carpet in the dressing room at Frederick's of Hollywood.  Yes, I want this in my whole house, please.

Had some cereal with the rats.  The white one is Leena, the brown one is Ingrid.  They're eating market brand Cap'n Crunch.

Was given the stink eye by a one-eyed Burrowing Owl named Spartacus.  He likes to chew off his jesses.  He cannot be chained.

Had a drink, because this week was goddamn stressful, and next week looks like it will be even worse. This is a "Golden Wave," on the rocks, because I do not like blended drinks.  
1 oz unsweetened pineapple juice, 3/4 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz falernum, 1 oz light Puerto Rican rum, and a lot of ice.  This one's a double.  I had three.  Three is too many.  I'm having trouble typing.  Very drinkable.  I have a whole bottle of falernum now, so it's nothing but tiki drinks for a while.

This is my motto for my upcoming week of possible work bullshit.  Yes, Courage Wolf.  Courage Wolf and drinkypoos, and steely determination.


Okay.  Sort of drunk, and I have children to teach tomorrow.  

12 comments:

  1. This time I had to Google falernum. Apparently I live a very sheltered life that I don't know all this stuff. Good luck teaching the children tomorrow with a mild hangover... :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea what it was either, until I decided that I was going to teach myself to make umbrella drinks. It's an interesting flavor.

      Delete
  2. Haaa, love the dinosaurs! ... yep, everything looks cooler sprayed black :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually, they'll have skeletons painted on them. My allosaur and my stegosaur are already adorned, and form my little memorial to Wash from Firefly/Serenity.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They say thank you, and want to know if you have anything to eat.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just tagged You in my Liebster Award post :)

    http://sal-the-escapist.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavens! I should check things more than once a week!

      Delete
  5. LOL! Gawd I love your posts.

    If you thrift- I always find a ton of deep V shirts at thrift stores. Also Burlington Coat factory tends to have a few deep V's every now and again. They get the hoochy mama thing. ;)

    oooh, dating butterflies are awesome. drink up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time at thrift stores- I'm an odd size, so there's rarely anything there for me, and I also have some rather epic allergies. I have to take my friend Prince Benadryl.

      Delete
  6. Love the dinosaurs! Curious to know if you ever found your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I am disappointed in the state of clothing nowadays.

      Delete