Friday, July 13, 2012

"It's my industrial strength hair dryer, AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT."


Homework time again. Here's the things I find to be neccesito burrito.

BareMinerals foundation. I didn't take a pic, because you know what it looks like. It's powder. I'm oily. Case closed.

Here's the rest of my stash, in no particular order.

Tweezerman needle tip and slant tip tweezers. Pluck yo shit!


Tweezerman 1/4 jaw cuticle nippers. For all your OCD needs.


Seche Vite topcoat. Make sure you get the tips, or it'll shrink.


The blackhead extractor implement from Sephora. I know I shouldn't, but it's JUST SO SATISFYING.


Tweezerman lash comb. Clumps are for chumps.

Blinc Kiss Me mascara. It's one of those tubey-kinds. My lashes are sparse and sad, and this does nothing but make them black, but it stays put and is fun to remove.


Spiral hairpins. The brand doesn't matter, as long as the little balls on the ends are smooth. Lumpy or rough balls will rip your hair out on the way in AND the way out. These things are my holy grail, people. Like a rock.


NYX Jumbo Pencils. Throw this on your waterline, pat powder eyeshadow on top, and voila. The white, while too white for my eyes, is great to lock down Urban Decay's "Foxy" from the Naked 2 palette, and it makes me look hella awake. Equally good for the blackest rims you'll ever want (Black Bean + Perversion).

Revlon Just Bitten lip stains-balms in "Frenzy" and "Midnight.". One is my Sexy Bitch lip. The other is my Alpha Bitch lip. Together, they make a dimensional lip that is borderline offensive in it's aggression. I love them both to bits. Smooches.


Anyhoo. It's late, I'm tapping this out on my phone, and I have to get up early to try to figure out how to scale up a tiki drink for a party. I think a Hurricane is pitcher-worthy, no?

EDIT
You can totally scale up a Hurricane.  4 Meyers Rum, 2 lemon juice, 2 passionfruit syrup, lots and lots and lots of ice.  Garnish NOT optional.

12 comments:

  1. my boyfriend's mom got me hooked on that topcoat! great post~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only complaint (aside from the shrinking) is the fact that you gotta tip it to get the bottom of the bottle.

      Delete
  2. Blinc is AWESOME!! I *love* their industrial-strength eyeliner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't know why they even make regular hairpins anymore. These are SO far superior.

      Delete
  4. hehehehe ... I love your writing! :) You're awesome, my dear. Simply awesome. Thanks for the heads up about NYX. And YES to Revlon's Just Bitten line! I LOVE it as well ... though for the life of me I can't figure out why the red is called Gothic. Must have been calling my name. Go figure.

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goths wear red lips at all times, right?

      Delete
  5. You are so funny! I haven't tried either the spin pins or the lipstains, but I think I will have to now. I did try a lipstain once at Sephora (their samples are great!) and it lasted FOREVER-I just keep forgetting to buy one when I go to the store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spin pins take a few minutes to figure out (you kinda have to screw them into your do, and make sure to catch a few layers on the way in), and the lip stains are faaaaaabulous. They don't get on your teeth (or your glass, or your shirt, or your dog's head, or people...).

      Delete