Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jerryrigging is my decorating scheme

My hearth extenders are now in place.
I think I need to clean the real brick so it matches the fake brick.

There will be another bookcase sitting on top of the short one.

Here's the other side of the fireplace, there will eventually be a TV on the red cabinet.

My little world is slowly shuffling together.  My father helped me by building the extenders (I have only handsaws, it would have taken weeks), and had to come make an adjustment since my wall is nowhere NEAR square.  He was rather impressed that I could lay my hands on a T-square and a tape measure within 30 seconds of being asked.  ORGANIZATION.

I am winnowing my book stash down to a manageable level.  I have too many.  Roommate gave me a Kindle the other day, so I am going to only buy real books if they are beautiful and reread worthy.  No shitty paperbacks.  

A coworker texted me this morning lamenting that she was out of reading material, and wanted to know if anyone had something she could borrow.  Honey chile, you asked the right person.  It's knee-deep in books in here!

1 comment:

  1. My bf recently gave me a Kobo for our anniversary and although I LOVE actual paper books, I also love being able to have dozens of books with me at any given time! :) Especially when travelling.

    Thanks for the link to my blog!
    Amanda
    adashofnoir.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete