Thursday, May 3, 2012

Unearthing old pictures

Part of my job has involved making giant collages of every article ever written about my place of employment.  The archives are a bit patchy for various eras, so I harangued my bosses into giving me access to their digital photo libraries.  I have spent the last several days scrolling through endless pics.

Found a few of moi.  Sweet, I'm taking those.  >pop out the flash drive<

So now you all get a gratuitous pic of me in 2008.  I think you'll agree that it's kind of cool.  Let's pretend that the photographer wasn't short and that Old Chin isn't visible, yes?

That's Isis.  She shuffled off this mortal coil about a year ago.  She was quite the saucy thing.

I miss the racing stripes in my bangs.  My hair is very monochromatic right now.  I'm a little concerned about rebleaching them, though, since my hair is much thinner than it used to be, and I'd hate to lose any more.

In more recent news, it's butterfly season at work.  I am the butterfly wrangler.  Most of our butterflies would be natural selection's rejects- I had to rescue this guy from a puddle AND from a spiderweb.  He was having a rough day.
I CAN'T SWIM.
Anyhoo.

Now I'm off to walk Her Dogness, so she'll stop pestering me long enough for me to sew new rat ears and tail for the Ren Faire on Sunday.  I have to work two more eight hour shifts between then and now... oy vey.  Spring is overly full.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE that picture of you! So cute and soooo awesome. I mean, your holding a friggin' hawk.;)

    I'm guessing you're at faire right now. SO JELLY!!! Hope your having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isis was quite the bird. Badly imprinted- she had no idea she was a hawk. During mating season, a wild male hawk was on the top of her enclosure, hitting on her through the chain link. She reached up through the fencing and RIPPED HIS HEAD OFF. HOLY CRAP ISIS THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SHOULD REACT TO BEING HIT ON.

      Faire tomorrow. Work all day today. BOOOOOOOO

      Delete
  2. Great pic with Isis, what a beautiful creature and so amazing it must be to be so close to that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As beautiful as hawks are, it's easier to keep a kestrel or a burrowing owl on the glove. She was quite heavy!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure not an outdoorsy girl, but I am jealous seeing you in that photo! I want to cuddle with the cute, sweet animals. ;) (Yes, I did read the part about ripping her suitor's head off). Such a regal, lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our snakes are cuddly. They hug back.

      Delete
  4. I volunteered at the sacramento science center and adored bringing out the raptors. They are so cool. But I started weight training because they are so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I used to like the kestrels and the burrowing owls... nothing to them!

      Delete