Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kids these days

Old Laptop will not give up files to New Laptop.  Old Laptop thinks New Laptop is an uppity little whippersnapper.  New Laptop thinks Old Laptop is just a corrupt old bastard, and won't listen to a thing he says.

Old Laptop is also balking at interacting with Middleaged External Drive.  They used to hang out, but Middleaged External Drive doesn't call or write anymore, and so Old Laptop is being passive-aggressive.

So help me, if I have to manually jump all my shit out of Old Laptop on a flash drive..... I will just snap.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. I've never heard anyone describe this situation so perfectly. Maybe you all need some family therapy to learn how to get along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some internet digging has suggested that Mac's Lion (New Laptop) and Leopard (Old Laptop) Migration Assistants aren't on the same wavelength. There's a thing to fix the app, but it has to go on the Leopard computer. I shall try when I am not so ridiculously exhausted.

      Delete
  2. Hope you can figure out the solution to the problem! And hope it doesn't take loads of work to get them to coexist and share lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. This is getting ridiculous. The whole point of paying out the wazoo for a Mac is that it's idiotproof, right?

      Delete