Sunday, April 29, 2012

Greetings from new laptop land

So, my poor old Powerbook is on it's last legs.  It doesn't hold a charge, it doesn't plug in right, it can't talk to most of the internet because it's old and doesn't understand kids these days, and can't multitask to save it's life.  So, last night, in a fit of spenditude, I bought a new 13-inch Macbook.

It's so wee.  And fast.  And the trackpad works in the opposite direction.

I have yet to transfer all my files, as it got hung up last night with "1 minute remaining" for over an hour.  Apparently, it's a common thing.  There's probably one corrupted file somewhere, causing the whole thing to short out.  I'll back up my old dinosaur onto an external hard drive, and then move files manually.  Ahh, technology.

If you were my new laptop, this would be your view right now.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new laptop :) hope your old one ends its days happily in the land where all good old computers go to rest. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I can clean it out and use it as a DVD player...

      Delete
  2. Well, it's fun to have a new toy but I don't envy you with the whole file transfer thing.

    Your laptop wants to look up your nose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost six feet tall. Most things look up my nose.

      Delete