Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goblins!

So, a lot of people who go to Ren Faires like to wear wings and flit about like a fairy. I get it. Fairies (as we know them nowadays) are cute. Wings look fun. Fairies don't have to be historically accurate. Being a mythical creature for a while is entertaining.

 I don't feel like a fairy. I'm too big for wings, and I'm not... cute. I can behave in cute ways, but they're not airy, pretty sorts of cute. They're weird, grubby, poke-the-dead-thing-with-a-stick cute. I'm prone to biting. If I had an extra appendange, it'd probably be a tail.

 This is the only pic I got last weekend- next time I go, I'm going to have a proper photoshoot. And I'm switching out the fox ears and fox tail for something more ratlike. Fairies are cute. Goblins have more fun.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't find an email for you anywhere so I'm just gonna send you some questions via comments :)

    Reply to itsonrandomblog@gmail.com with your answers so I get them asap and I'll let you know when your interview is up!


    I was wondering if you would take a little questionnaire for my site? I have an ongoing segment, Get to know your bloggers and I'm trying to get a hold of people who's blogs I read on a regular to introduce them to the rest of the bloggerverse. If you are interested I'll just leave the questions below and you can answer them whenever you get a chance. It's no rush at all. I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! To check out our site, just go to www.itsonrandom.com.

    Name:
    Where can we find you? (your site(s))
    How do you like your Cheetos? crunchy, puffed, twisted, hot
    What was your inspiration to start your blog?
    What did you have for breakfast today?
    Do you have a clean mouth or do you swear like a sailor?
    Freddy Michael Jason or other?
    Guilty pleasure?
    Favorite thing on your blog?
    What is the last book you read?
    Favorite Jelly Belly?
    Zombies vampires or ghosts?
    Favorite song or music?
    color you're most drawn to? My fancy way of asking your favorite color.
    Food you're craving right now?
    What movie(s) changed your life?
    For the impending zombie apocalypse, what will be your weapon of choice and why?
    Any quotes for us today?

    And last but not least, do you have any questions for me?

    Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but your picture with the fox ears is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, fang you! I like my fox ears and tail, but I feel very rattish most of the time. Plus, a fluffy tail encourages strangers to pet you. AAAAA NO TOUCHY!

      Delete
  3. Goblins Have More Fun

    You need to make bumper stickers!

    I've tried wearing wings but I'm clumsy and I get hung up on door jams or knock over stuff in peoples store.
    Wings + Me = No Bueno

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wings + Me = broken expensive glass objects.

      Delete