So, it would seem that I was selected by some of y'all to receive a blog award! Pretty good for a bunch of ramblings. It's nice to know they're getting read by someone!
Thanks to Sal at Still Dark At Heart
and Sophie at Walking the line that the world has drawn
for the nod. It's my first blog nod!
The rules were that I had to send it on to another 15 bloggers, link back to those who tagged me, and to list 7 random facts about myself. I think this entire blog is one big random fact about myself (here's to having no real focus, hey!), and now I have to figure out how to list the people who I read on the regular. I'm still figuring out how this contraption (Blogger) works. It might be screwed up, give me a minute...
Frankly, I don't really know how to winnow my list of 15 down. Honestly, I found a lot of the people I follow from this very blog award exercise. It's kind of an endless feedback loop at this point. I think the easiest thing for me to do would be to point at my list of "Awesome People" over there. Go read those people. All of them. GO. NOW. Let's be honest, you ARE most of those people. And if you're not on that list, it's because I'm still trying to fix "Cave Screwup 2012." I'm working on it. Leave me a link in the comments if I haven't re-found you yet.
Some things that I possibly haven't mentioned yet:
1. I have an extraordinarily acute sense of smell. It's one of my somewhat useless superpowers. "Do you smell that?" is one of my most-repeated phrases. Despite this, I do not register the smell of a skunk properly. It's a genetic thing, apparently. I think they smell like lemonade.
2. I somehow exude melatonin. It is my other somewhat useless superpower. Anyone who has ever lived with me has gained the ability to take extensive naps where no nap-ability was before. I should rent myself out to insomniacs.
3. I considered going into the mortuary biz. My inability to express sympathy, and my deep-seated belief that selling someone an expensive casket is morally reprehensible, kept me from it. I could probably do the mortician part, but not the interact-with-the-bereaved part.
4. I am a very good animal mimic. I can start a fight with several species of bird in their native tongue.
5. In high school, I played water polo and swam competitively. I was a terrible polo player, and an okay swimmer. I played goalie, and I was a backstroker and middle-distance freestyler. My stroke, while technically beautiful, was always very very slow. I had zero sense of urgency.
6. Most of my underwear are Halloween-themed. My favorites are the ones that say "bewitching" on the ass.
7. Clowns freak me out. Sorry, no. They're not okay.
Anyway, bittens, I have a long day of rearranging a library and teaching small children ahead of me. I promise I'll get this thing sorted out properly soon. I barely understand how to post things, let alone link back and forward and every which way. I'm 94% sure I didn't do it right up there. >pointing up<
Slowly but surely, y'all. Slowly but surely.