Monday, October 3, 2011

Unreachable

My poor, old iPhone has finally died.

It was inherited from my father, who gave it to me when he upgraded.  It replaced a pink Razr, which I still think was cute.

I am in no sort of financial situation to replace my phone, so I am basically unreachable.  I have a land line, but the only people who call me on it are my mother and telemarketers (7 so far today).

I very much want to play WordsWithFriends, but that's out.

I don't even know what time it is- all my watches have dead batteries.  I didn't realize how much I relied on my phone for some very basic things until it died.

I truly hope that Apple announces the iPhone 5 tomorrow, because it'll cause the price on the 3 and 4 to drop.  I get paid on Wednesday, and my mother is allowing me to pay off the money I owe her in installments.  She is a saint.

I am always very broke in October, and it's my favorite time of year.  I can't ever afford a damn thing when there are bats in every store.  I haven't worked out WHY I'm always destitute in October, but for the past few years, it's been the case.

Of course, all my problems are very first-world.  Boo hoo, I made my car payment twice and now I can't afford a new fancy phone.

The white rat, Lena, has a mammary tumor.  That's a real problem.  Fortunately, while I am responsible for her physical care, I am not financially responsible for her.  I can tend wounds, I cannot afford surgeries.

It's supposed to rain on Wednesday, that will probably make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment