Friday, July 15, 2011

Glitter

I have an unhealthy relationship with glitter.  I own basically every color that Martha Stewart Crafts has put out.  I like it on almost anything- furniture, ornaments, my toenails, you name it.  This week, I discovered that it was possible to glitter an entire concrete floor.

I have never wanted to rip up the carpet so badly IN MY LIFE.

The problems?

This is not really my house.  I rent it from my mother, it was my grandmother's house.  While my mother understands my love of the garish, I can't see her agreeing to a whole-house sparkling.  It's a bit over-the-top.

I am poor.  Redoing floors is not cheap, even if it does involve epoxy and polyurethane.  I'm pretty sure the floor is cracked and uneven and a whole host of things that would require expensive fixes.

The silver (glittery) lining:

When I showed my mother the pictures of the glittered floor, she responded with "What, are you going to do the garage floor?"

That sounds like a green light.

No comments:

Post a Comment